Tuition & Financial Aid
The Board of Directors is committed to helping families join the school community. A family may consider exploring Tuition Adjustment through Financial Aid; tuition may be adjusted if the family shows demonstrated financial need. The School uses a comprehensive aid management service, School and Student Service by NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools) 800-344-8328 or firstname.lastname@example.org that calculates a tuition range for your family based on the financial information you share. SSS by NAIS does not award aid. The WCFS Financial Aid Committee uses the SSS by NAIS report to help determine any award.
West Chester Friends School has one tuition for all grade levels, consistently in the mid-range of tuition charged at area peer schools. To apply for Financial Aid, go to the School and Student Service by NAIS web site and complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS available in English and Spanish). There is no specific income level at which one does or does not receive aid. The amount of aid depends on a family's financial circumstances, the school's available funds, and its policies. SSS by NAIS opens online for 2013-14, November 1, 2012; apply early and by January 31. Funds may not remain to award after February 1. Required tax documents are sent directly to SSS by NAIS for review. Funds are awarded first to current families, then to new applicants. Merit or other scholarships are not offered.
Quaker children may apply for two forms of assistance:
1. Aid from Meeting where the family is a member. Check with your meeting; requirements differ meeting to meeting.
2. The Tuition Aid Program of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (PYM) is need-based. Completed forms must be to WCFS by January 31 with required parent signatures and signature of your Meeting clerk.
Tuition may be satisfied by all families through these payment plans:
- Cash Payment (1% discount, excluding deposit)
- Credit Card: Discover, American Express or Master Card
- Semester Payment Plan (July 15 and December 15)
- Monthly Payment Plan ($150 processing fee / direct debit option)
Tuition Insurance is offered through the optional Tuition Refund Plan underwritten by One Beacon Insurance Group.
For questions regarding payment plans, please contact the Business Office, 610-696-2615. For questions about the process of applying for Financial Aid, please call the Admissions Office 610-696-2937.
To make a tuition payment using our secure portal, click here .